- 1 cup dark raisins
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup candied green cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup candied red cherries, quartered
- Orange-Bourbon Glaze
- Stir together first 5 ingredients; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes or until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; remove 1/2 cup flour mixture. Gradually add remaining flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in lemon and orange rind.
- Drain raisin mixture, and stir in cherries. Toss raisin mixture with reserved 1/2 cup flour mixture, and fold into batter. Spoon batter into 2 lightly greased 8- x 4-inch loafpans.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Brush hot cakes evenly with Orange-Bourbon Glaze until absorbed. Cool in pans 10 minutes; invert cakes onto a wire rack, and cool completely. (Wrap and freeze up to 1 month, if desired.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings