- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups cake flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup golden raisins (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 egg whites
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts.
- Combine 2 cups cake flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with nectar, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together remaining 1 cup cake flour, coconut, and next 4 ingredients. Stir fruit mixture and pecans into batter.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 275° for 2 hours or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, wrap in cheesecloth, and soak with 2 cup peach brandy for two weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Fruitcake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts