- 1 (16-ounce) package candied red cherries, finely chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) package candied red cherries, finely chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package candied pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) package candied pineapple, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups golden raisins
- 3 1/2 cups sifted cake flour, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients; dredge with 1 cup flour, stirring to coat well. Set aside.
Cream butter in large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine remaining 2 1/2 cups flour and soda. Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in dredged fruit mixture, lemon juice, and vanilla.
Spoon batter into a well greased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 275° for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until cake tests done. Cool cake completely in pan.