Great chili with the chicken breast ... Better chili with chicken breast & thighs ... Awesome chicken chili with only thigh meat.
White Christmas Chili
Yield: Makes 10 cups
- 8 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained*
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and mashed*
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Toppings: sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Sauté chicken, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in broth and next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
- *5 (15-ounce) cans great Northern beans may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews