White Chocolate Scones with Citrus Strawberries
- 1 (16 oz.) package sliced frozen strawberries
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1 SPREAD strawberries in single layer on 15 x 10-inch pan to thaw about 45 minutes at room temperature. Heat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- 2 COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until crumbs form. Stir in baking chips. Whisk egg and milk in small bowl. Combine egg mixture with flour mixture until flour is absorbed. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead a few times until evenly moistened. Press into 7-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 6 triangles. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 3 BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Slice scones horizontally in half while still slightly warm. Stir marmalade with thawed strawberries. Spoon 1/4 cup whipped topping on bottom halves of scones. Top with 1/2 cup strawberries. Replace top of scones. Garnish with mint leaves if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Chocolate Scones with Citrus Strawberries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes