White Chocolate Rice Pudding with Dried Cherry Sauce
The seeds and pod of a vanilla bean simmer in this rich rice pudding. Be sure to stir it often so it doesn't scorch.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup medium-grain rice
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate morsels
- Dried Cherry Sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine water and rice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into pan. Stir seeds, pod, sugar, half-and-half, and salt into rice. Cook over medium-low heat 30 minutes, stirring often. Remove vanilla bean pod. Add white chocolate morsels, stirring until melted. Let cool 5 minutes. Spoon rice pudding into 8 individual serving dishes. If not serving immediately, cover and chill. When ready to serve, top with Dried Cherry Sauce, and sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note