White Chocolate-Raspberry Cake
Yield: 1 (3-layer) cake
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 1 (4-ounce) white chocolate bar, broken up
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (3.5-ounce) can flaked coconut
- White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Bring apricot nectar and butter to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and add white chocolate, stirring until melted. Gradually stir about one-fourth hot mixture into eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in buttermilk and extracts.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add white chocolate mixture, stirring until blended. Pour batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Spoon 1/2 cup raspberry jam on top of cake. Drizzle remaining jam down sides of cake. Store in refrigerator.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ghirardelli white chocolate.
- Cake may be assembled and frozen up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator; add raspberry jam just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This