White-Chocolate Pots de Creme
Pot de creme (poh-duh-KREHM) is a dense, rich baked custard. This French favorite is best served warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 custard and 1/3 cup berries)
- 1 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 1/2 ounce white chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Combine 1/4 cup milk and white chocolate in a small bowl. Combine 1-1/4 cups milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring as needed to dissolve sugar evenly (about 3 minutes).
- 3. Combine egg white and eggs in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add hot milk mixture to eggs, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in white-chocolate mixture and vanilla. Remove from heat. Pour into 6 (4-ounce) ramekins. Place ramekins in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Top custards with berries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This