This is an excellent recipe. It's easy and very, very tasty. Be sure to use fresh, premium white chocolate. If it's old, the mousse will taste stale. I added a little bit of red food coloring to the mousse. When it's topped with whipped cream and some peppermint bits, it makes a stunning presentation. Next time, I'm going to use raspberry extract. I'm also thinking of trying cinnamon, lemon, and root beer. The possibilities are endless. Thanks for sharing!
White Chocolate-Peppermint Mousse
More From Coastal Living
Cool: 25 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Garnish: crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Heat 3/4 cup cream in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat, and add chocolate, stirring until melted. Stir in peppermint extract; cool completely.
- 2. Beat remaining 3/4 cup cream until firm peaks form. Fold chocolate mixture gently into whipped cream mixture. Spoon mousse into 8 (3-ounce) cups or glasses; garnish, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note