Followed the other reader's suggestion for cooking it on "low" for about a half hour, then "warm". I used crushed candycanes and pretzel nuggets only, omitted the animal crackers..sounded kinda funky to me. Very happy with the result, bought some treat bags for 1.99 and am using this for a cookie exchange tomorrow night. All the chocolates were on sale this week so I made the entire batch for around 9.00 including pretzels.
White Chocolate-Peppermint Jumbles
- 2 (16-ounce) packages vanilla bark coating
- 1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels
- 1 (6-ounce) package white chocolate baking squares
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (16-ounce) package pretzel nuggets (we tested with Snyder's of Hanover Sourdough Pretzel Nuggets)
- 1 (8-ounce) package animal-shaped crackers (3 cups)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on LOW 1 hour and 30 minutes or until vanilla bark and chocolate look very soft. Uncover and stir until smooth. Stir in pretzels, crackers, and crushed peppermint candies.
- Drop candy by heaping tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Let stand 1 hour or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts