realizing too late i was supposed to chop the white chocolate so i doubled everything in the batter except the chocolate chips and they came out great! next time i will cut the orange extract to 1/2 tsp as it was a little over whelming. over all very good i will make again!
White Chocolate-Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon fiori di sicilia or orange extract (see note)
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins or golden raisins
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Beat in egg and orange flavoring just until combined. Add flour mixture and oats; stir until blended. Stir in white chocolate and raisins. Cover and chill dough 1 hour, if desired.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls, 3" apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: Order fiori di sicilia from bakerscatalogue.com or call 800-827-6836. It's very affordable, and a small vial will perfume your kitchen for a long time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts