- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon fiori di sicilia or orange extract (see note)
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins or golden raisins
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Beat in egg and orange flavoring just until combined. Add flour mixture and oats; stir until blended. Stir in white chocolate and raisins. Cover and chill dough 1 hour, if desired.
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls, 3" apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Note: Order fiori di sicilia from bakerscatalogue.com or call 800-827- It's very affordable, and a small vial will perfume your kitchen for a long time.