White Chocolate Linzer Cookies
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup crushed hard peppermint candies
- Vanilla candy coating, melted
- 1. Stir together flour and next 2 ingredients. Beat butter and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 to 4 minutes or until creamy. Add eggs, and beat until smooth. Add flour mixture, and beat just until blended.
- 2. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Flatten into disks between parchment paper. Roll each to 1/4-inch thickness; transfer to a baking sheet, and chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 1 dough disk on work surface, and remove top sheet of parchment paper. Cut with a lightly floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter, rerolling scraps once; place 1 inch apart on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Cut centers out of half of cookies with a lightly floured 1 1/2-inch round cutter. Sprinkle 1 tsp. crushed peppermint candies over each hollow cookie.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and cool. Spread 1 tsp. melted candy coating onto solid cookies; top with hollow cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts