White Chocolate-Lemon Biscotti
For a variation on this crisp Italian cookie recipe, substitute orange for lemon and semisweet chocolate chips for chopped white chocolate. Take time to chop a white chocolate candy bar for this recipe; white chocolate morsels contain no cocoa butter.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (6-ounce) bar premium white chocolate, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate.
- Turn dough out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Shape dough into 2 (12-inch-long) rolls; pat to 2 1/2-inch width.
- Bake at 300° for 35 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut rolls diagonally into 24 (1/2-inch) slices. Place, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake an additional 10 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note