I have a lot of better key lime pie recipes than this one. Flavor was just OK. I don't understand why the 9 inch pie crust. It barely filled half the plate. I had to pipe whipped cream around the edges to hide this appearance since I was serving this to guests. My suggestion would be if you make this pie use a 8 inch graham crust.
White Chocolate-Key Lime Pie
Howard L. Puckett
They say opposites attract, and, in the case of this cream pie, it's true. The rich sweetness of white chocolate and the tart crispness of key lime juice create a match made in flavor heaven.
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (11-ounce) package white chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup fresh Key lime or lime juice
- 1 (9-inch) ready-made graham cracker crust or your favorite prepared recipe
- Garnish: lime slices
- Combine cream and white chocolate morsels in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook 5 minutes or until morsels melt, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add sour cream, lime rind, and juice; stir well. Pour into crust. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts