Check out this website, Jayne made the recipe with pictures included, can't do better than that!! http://www.barefootkitchenwitch.com/the_barefoot_kitchen_witc/
White Chocolate Ice Cream With Raspberry Sauce
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 3 (4-oz.) white chocolate baking bars
- 3 1/4 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Raspberry Sauce
- Quick Chocolate Sauce (optional)
- 1. Pour water to depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer; place chocolate and 1/4 cup milk in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook remaining 3 cups milk and 1/4 cup sugar in a heavy non-aluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 8 minutes or just until it begins to steam (do not boil); remove from heat.
- 3. Whisk together eggs and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Gradually whisk 1 cup hot milk mixture into egg mixture; gradually whisk egg mixture into remaining hot milk mixture.
- 4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes. (A candy thermometer should register 160° or higher.) Stir in vanilla.
- 5. Remove from heat, and pour mixture through a non-aluminum fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture. Cover and chill 2 hours or until cold.
- 6. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1-gal. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.) Serve with Raspberry Sauce or Quick Chocolate Sauce.
- Note: We tested with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Chocolate Ice Cream With Raspberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts