White Chocolate Hummingbird Cake
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 package(s) white cake mix
- 2 package(s) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk divided
- 2 cup(s) canola oil
- 4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 4 ounce(s) baking white chocolate finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 cup(s) chopped pecans toasted
- 2 cup(s) banana chopped
- white chocolate cream cheese frosting
- pecans toasted, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice for another use. Squeeze the pineapple well using several thicknesses of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Combine cake mix and the next seven ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat at a low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes; beat at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Fold in the pineapple, white chocolate, and next three ingredients.
- Pour the batter into four greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 34 to 36 minutes or until a wooden toothpic inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pans to wire racks, and cool completely. Wrap and chill layers for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half horizontally to make eight layers. Place one layer, cut side up, on cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup of white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
- Repeat the procedure six times. Place the final cake layer on top of the cake, cut side down. Spread the remaining frosting on the top and sides.
- Cover; chill in refrigerator overnight. Garnish if desired. Store in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LindaM4 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Chocolate Hummingbird Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes