White Chocolate-Dipped Oatmeal-Cranberry Cookies
Yield: about 4 dozen
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries (we tested with Craisins)
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 3 (4-ounce) white chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped (we tested with Ghirardelli)
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in cranberries, pecans, and oats.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Microwave white chocolate and shortening in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring once. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate, letting excess drip back into bowl. Place dipped cookies on wax paper; let stand until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts