White Chocolate-Cranberry Creme Brulee
Total Time: 9 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 4 ounce(s) white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 0.5 cup(s) sugar
- 0.5 whole berry cranberry sauce
- ice cubes
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. Combine 1/2 cup
- cream and chocolate in a heavy saucepan;
- cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 2
- to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and
- remaining 11/2 cups cream.
- 2 . Whisk together egg yolks and 1/4
- cup sugar until sugar is dissolved and
- mixture is thick and pale yellow. Add
- cream mixture, whisking until well
- blended. Pour mixture through a fine
- wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- 3. Spoon 11/2 Tbsp. cranberry sauce
- into each of 6 (4-oz.) ramekins. Pour
- cream mixture into ramekins; place
- ramekins in a large roasting pan. Add
- water to pan to depth of 1/2 inch.
- 4. Bake at 300° for 45 to 55 minutes or
- until edges are set. Cool custards in pan
- on a wire rack 25 minutes. Remove ramekins
- from water; cover and chill 8 hours.
- s. Preheat broiler with oven rack 5
- inches from heat. Sprinkle remaining
- sugar over ramekins. Fill a large roasting
- pan or 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan
- with ice; arrange ramekins in pan.
- 6. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar
- is melted and caramelized. Let stand 5
- minutes. Garnish, if desired.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Filling the roasting pan
- with ice before broiling keeps the custards
- cool while caramelizing the tops.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanetDMiller and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Chocolate-Cranberry Creme Brulee Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts