Good recipe. The topping makes a lot and I recommend you keep it to the side for guests to put on as they like.
White Chocolate-Cranberry Cheesecake
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 12 Hours, 40 Minutes
- CRANBERRY TOPPING
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (9-oz.) package chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 1 (6-oz.) package white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1. Prepare Topping: Bring first 2 ingredients and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often. Boil, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens to a syrup-like consistency. Remove from heat, and stir in jam. Cool completely (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare Piecrust: Preheat oven to 350°. Pulse wafer cookies and chopped semisweet chocolate in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir together crumb mixture, melted butter, and 1/3 cup sugar; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 3. Prepare Filling: Microwave white chocolate and whipping cream at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- 4. Beat cream cheese, flour, and 1/3 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 minute or until creamy and smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add cranberries, next 2 ingredients, and white chocolate mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared crust.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Cover and chill 8 hours. Spoon topping over pie before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts