I LOVE this cake. I added extra fruit for more variety, used mixed nuts that I roasted, and made in pretty little decorative molds. Will make this often; it's fantastic!
White Chocolate Chunk Fruitcake
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup candied diced orange peel
- 1 (3-ounce) package dried cranberries
- Grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loafpan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour wax paper. Set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in white chocolate and remaining ingredients. (Batter will be very chunky and thick.)
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edge of pan to loosen fruitcake; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Remove cake from pan; peel off wax paper. Cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts