White Chocolate Chip Mocha Torte
For a football dessert buffet, Lesley Cooper gussied up her standby brownie recipe. Baked in a tart pan, cut into wedges, and served with whipped cream, the brownies turned into a mocha torte.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 388
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 6.3g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 219mg
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee espresso powder
- About 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Powdered sugar
- 1. Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, and espresso powder; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on high speed until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture, about a third at a time, mixing on low speed until blended.
- 3. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, and raisins.
- 4. Lightly butter a 9-inch tart pan with removable rim. Spread batter in pan.
- 5. Bake in a 325° oven just until cake begins to pull away from rim, 25 to 30 minutes. Set on rack to cool. To serve, warm or cool, remove pan rim, lightly dust torte with powdered sugar, and cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts