This recipe is a big favorite in my family. I make it every year during the Christmas for us to enjoy with our hot chocolate or coffee. I also wrap them in gift bags and give away as teacher gifts or hostess gifts at parties. I make it exactly how the recipe says. However this year I just baked it 10 min at 320 at the end and it was perfect. I have a different oven this year.
White Chocolate-Cashew Coffee Biscotti
A drizzle of white chocolate lends these biscotti holiday flair. For contrast, melt semisweet chocolate to drizzle over half the batch.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen (serving size: 1 biscotto)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 56mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dry-roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 ounces premium white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, instant coffee granules, cocoa, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, and ground nutmeg; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in the cashews. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 7 times. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 12-inch-long roll. Place rolls on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat to 3/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle rolls evenly with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 22 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut each roll diagonally into 21 (1/2-inch) slices. Carefully stand slices upright on baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325°; bake 20 minutes (the cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; microwave at high 1 minute or until the chocolate is soft. Knead bag until smooth. Snip a tiny hole in corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over biscotti.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Chocolate-Cashew Coffee Biscotti Recipe at a Glance