Wasn't as smooth and creamy as a true buttercream frosting. I followed recipe exactly, and I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped based upon the reviews. Has definite potential.
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is an all-around favorite topping for cakes, cupcakes, or cookies.
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 (4-oz.) white chocolate baking bar, broken into small pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (2-lb.) package powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Microwave chocolate and 1/3 cup heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. (Do not overheat.) Let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar and 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Beat in salt and chocolate mixture until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note