Oh how gorgeous. I am going to make this for our family Christmas dinner. I will up-date and review after the holiday. Looks so yummy.
White Chocolate-Almond Cake
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
- 1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Spoon batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 8-inch square pans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 30-second intervals until melted (about 1 1/2 minutes total). Stir until smooth, and spread in a 1/4-inch-thick layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with almonds. Chill 30 minutes or until firm. Remove from baking sheet, and chop.
- Spread Vanilla Buttercream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Press chopped white chocolate mixture into top and sides of cake. If desired, tie a decorative ribbon around sides of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings