Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) large white beans
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 (four-ounce) can(s) chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cayenne pepper
- 4 cup(s) cooked chicken (approximately 3 whole breasts)
- 3 cup(s) Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh salsa
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Soak beans in water overnight. Combine chicken broth, white beans, garlic and one onion. Simmer for 2-3 hours or until beans are just tender.
- While beans are cooking, cook chicken. Cool and cut into small pieces.
- Sauté remaining onion in oil until transparent. Stir in canned chiles and seasonings. Add to cooked beans. Add chicken and simmer on low for 1 hour.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, salsa and tortilla chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cwarren51 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews