It's delicious. I mistakenly added 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of white pepper and it was great. Not to hot and gave it great flavor. It was a little watery so I took out some beans and mashed them to thicken it up. Some corn starch would also thicken it up. If you like a little kick, you could add a little cayenne pepper. I didn't use canned chicken broth, I used "Better Than Bouillon" which is all natural chicken base that you can buy in the same area as broth. It's not Olga's White Bean Chicken Chili but it's very tasty. I will spice it up next time and use real chicken breast instead of canned chicken. I also added 2 more cans of chicken!!!! A GREAT RECIPE THAT WILL BE IN MY RECIPE BOX!!
White Chicken Chili
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
For a welcome change to traditional chili, warm up to this delightful white chicken version that will keep everyone coming back for seconds.
Yield: Serves 16 to 20
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 15 1/2-oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 5-oz. cans chicken, drained
- 2 4-oz. cans diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 12-oz. container sour cream
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, sauté onions in oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Shortly before serving, add sour cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note