White Chicken Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Canola Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts Chopped & pan fried
- 1 Red Pepper Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 5 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 4 Jalapenos Chopped
- 2 can(s) Nothern Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 3 cup(s) Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dried Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper To Taste
- 1/4 cup(s) Sour Cream
- Super Easy! Heat the canola oil in a heavy pot or dutch oven. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the chopped red pepper and cook for another rminute or so. Stir in the garlic and jalapeno until fragrant, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the cumin, dried cilantro and cayenne pepper and stir for 1 minute. Add Chicken broth / Stock, beans and chicken. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Take off heat and stir in Sour Cream. Enjoy! Hey, my favorite thing to do is to NOT cook the chicken first. Instead dice or cube the chicken and then add that into the mixture and let the chicken cook during the simmering portion of the recipe. One less dirty pan.
- Oh and one more thing, I like to use my submersion blender for 3-5 seconds to give the chili a thicker consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Babsacola and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note