White chicken chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pint(s) water
- 1 package Costco frozen chicken tenders or 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) great Northern beans
- 1 can butternut squash puree
- 1-2 TBS ground cumin to taste
- 1-2 TBS ground coriander to taste
- 1 can corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- frozen garlic cubes or minced garlic
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Directions- Stovetop way
- boil chicken then shred
- add salsa, beans, squash, chicken and corn to large pot
- sautee chopped green pepper and white onion in light butter and add to pot
- puree 2nd can of beans in food processor and add to pot
- add spices including cilantro to pot
- serve w/cheese and avocado
- Directions - Family Circle way
- 1. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker and top with green pepper and onion. In blender, combine chicken broth, salsa and 1 can of the beans (drained and rinsed). Puree until smooth. Add to slow cooker, along with cumin and black pepper.
- 2. Cover and slow cook for 6 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW. Uncover, and remove chicken thighs to cutting board. Stir corn, remaining can of beans (drained and rinsed) and cilantro into slow cooker. Shred chicken and return to slow cooker. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenniferGuzman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White chicken chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews