White Chicken Chili
Yummy in the fall on game day! Better on the second day!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4-6 piece(s) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts poached and shredded
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) oil
- 1 bunch(es) celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can(s) green chilies Drained
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1-2 pinch(s) salt to taste
- 1-2 pinch(s) black pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt to taste
- 1-2 pinch(s) crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 can(s) Bushes Great Northern White Beans
- 1 container(s) chicken broth, fat free
- 1 package(s) Pepperjack cheese shredded
- 1 bag(s) Oyster Crackers
- 1 cup(s) raw white onion, optional chopped
- Slowly poach chicken in water. Let cool and shred into small pieces, set aside. In a large pot heat oil over med-hi heat. Add celery, stir and cover. Stirring occasionally, cook for 3-5 minutes or until desired tenderness. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add flour, green chilies and cumin, stir till well mixed, mixture will be slightly lumpy. Add seasonings, broth and beans, mix well. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Add shredded chicken and cook 3-5 minutes more. Then remove from the heat, add 1-2 cups of cheese for extra creaminess! Serve additional cheese on side along with crackers and onion. Sour cream can also be a great addition!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by awhalen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Chicken Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews