- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh serrano or jalapeño chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 can (15 oz.) small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 cans (about 15 oz. each) cream-style corn
- Ground California or New Mexico chili
- Lime wedges
- calories 430
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- protein 30 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- carbohydrate 56 g
- fiber 6.3 g
- sodium 904 mg
- cholesterol 95 mg
How to Make It
In a 4- to 5-quart nonstick pan over high heat, stir serrano chilies, cumin, onion, and chicken until meat is crumbled and onion is limp, about 8 minutes.
Add beans, milk, and corn. Stir just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
Ladle into wide bowls. Sprinkle with ground chili and season with salt to taste. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over portions.