White Cheese Dip
Look for white American cheese in the deli department. We liked the extra spice contributed by 1 can of hot tomatoes--using 2 cans of regular tomatoes yields a much milder dip.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) can hot diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds deli white American cheese, sliced (we tested with DiLusso)
- 1 cup milk
- Place onion in a medium microwave-safe bowl; cover loosely with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes. Stir garlic and next 5 ingredients into onion.
- Roughly tear cheese slices; place in a 4-quart slow cooker. Pour milk over cheese; add onion mixture. Cover and cook on LOW 2 hours. Stir gently to blend ingredients.
- Make Ahead: Spoon dip into serving-size freezer containers, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Reheat in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note