White Cheddar-Chive Pimiento Cheese
Here's the secret to nice pimiento-cheese texture: Grate the cheese by hand, half on the large holes of a box grater and half on the small holes. Choose an aged sharp Cheddar cheese for extra bite. Chopped chives and Dijon mustard add piquant punch in place of grated onion.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) block aged sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grate half of cheese using the large holes of a box grater; grate remaining half of cheese using the small holes of box grater. Stir together mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients. Stir in Cheddar cheese until well blended. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note