White Cheddar and Black Pepper Biscuits
The richness of buttermilk and cheddar cheese mellows the spicy black pepper. Make these for your family, and prepare a second batch to give as a gift.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 biscuits)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 129
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 17.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 342mg
- Calcium: 130mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded extrasharp white cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flour and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until well combined. Add cheese and butter; pulse 5 times or until well combined.
- Place mixture in a large bowl. Add buttermilk; stir just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead lightly 5 times. Roll dough out to a 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter into 24 biscuits. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads