White Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/3 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- Cook sugar and 1/3 cup water in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, about 15 minutes or until reduced to 6 tablespoons.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla. (Mixture will be lumpy.) Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 15 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Cover and chill up to 3 days, if desired. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note