White Beans & Tomatoes
adapted from 1968's Time-Life "The Cooking of Italy"
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) canned cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) minced sage
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) minced rosemary
- 2 large tomatoes seeded & chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- fresh-ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- mixed greens
- shaved romano or parmesan
- Chop the tomatoes to about the same size as whatever white bean you have. Combine everything up to the salt & pepper; taste for seasoning then add the vinegar. Cover and keep at room temp til you're ready to serve. Put some greens on individual plates, top with beans and some shavings of cheese. Serve with bread. Have balsamic & oil on the table. (Adapted from an old recipe book, but inspired to make now by a recent dinner at Enocibus in Verona, Italy.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note