Tasty and easy. I accidentally added the onion and zucchini to the pot at the same time after removing the bacon so I just simmered it all together. Still came out great.
White-Bean Zucchini Soup
Use a round loaf of sour dough bread as the serving bowl as well as the side dish for this easy bean soup.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 18g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Sodium: 024mg
- 3 strips bacon (4 oz.), coarsely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (19 oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 quart reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives or
- 2 scallion greens, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Black pepper
- 1 cup plain, whole-milk yogurt, for serving
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring often, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a small plate. Add zucchini to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer, using a slotted spoon, to plate with bacon.
- Add onion to rendered fat in saucepan. Cook, stirring, about 4 minutes, until golden and softened. Stir in beans and broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 15 minutes.
- Coarsely mash beans with a potato masher to thicken soup slightly (do not overmash). Stir in reserved cooked bacon and zucchini and simmer for 2 minutes to blend flavors. Stir in chives and season with pepper. Spoon soup into bowls and serve with dollops of yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note