White Bean and Tuna Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 2 (8-ounce) tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups French bread cubes (3/4- to 1-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce package) feta cheese, crumbled
- Additional freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels, reserving 1/4 cup bacon drippings. Coarsely crumble bacon; set aside.
- Brush tuna steaks with oil; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Cool fish and break into chunks.
- Stir together garlic and butter; drizzle over bread cubes. Toss gently. Spread in a single layer on a lightly greased 15- x 10- inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake bread cubes at 300° for 1 hour or until golden, stirring every 15 minutes. Sprinkle immediately with cheese, stirring to coat; cool. Set aside.
- Process reserved 1/4 cup bacon drippings, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cider vinegar, and next 3 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour into a 1-cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on high 30 to 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
- Line salad plates with greens. Arrange tuna, bacon, beans, feta cheese, and croutons over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with additional pepper. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Bean and Tuna Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes