Really easy and really good. I added some chopped avocado to the salsa and used feta for the cheese as that is what I had on hand. Filling too!
White Bean and Spinach Tacos
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 13.3g
- Carbohydrate: 58.6g
- Fiber: 10.9g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Calcium: 231mg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 cups bagged prewashed spinach (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 sliced jalapeño pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sliced onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in beans and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute. Add spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts and beans are thoroughly heated.
- 2. Combine tomato, chopped onion, cilantro, lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and jalapeño in a small bowl. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 1/3 cup bean mixture in center of each tortilla. Top each taco with 3 tablespoons tomato mixture and about 1 tablespoon cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note