Wow! This is a fantastic soup. The whole family loved it. The gremolata made it so fresh tasting. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
White Bean Soup With Gremolata
HEALTHY & GOOD FOR YOU Finalist. KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese Brand Winner. Gremolata, a fragrant topping containing garlic, lemon rind, and fresh parsley, adds fresh flavor to many dishes.
More From Southern Living
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 1. Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add beans and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, at least 30 minutes. Remove and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Stir in salt and pepper to taste and, if desired, hot sauce. Top each serving with a spoonful of Gremolata.
HEALTHY & GOOD FOR YOU Finalist. KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese Brand Winner.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note