- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 (1-lb.) package fresh chopped turnip greens
- 2 cups diced smoked sausage
- 2 olive oil
- 3 medium turnips (about 1 lb.), chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (32-oz.) container reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 ground black pepper
How to Make It
Bring 2 qt. water and 1/4 cup kosher salt to a boil in a large stockpot over high heat. Add turnip greens, and boil 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Cook sausage in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in turnips, and cook 5 minutes. Add leeks and next 3 ingredients, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until leeks are tender.
Increase heat to high. Add turnip greens and chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, black pepper, and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. salt.
Note: We tested with Swanson Natural Goodness 33% Less Sodium Chicken Broth.
POP OPEN A CAN White beans save time without sacrificing flavor.