These were really yummy. They were easy to make and froze well to have for a quick lunch during the week. I didn't use the sour cream/feta b/c I am dairy-free, but I subbed some hummus and it was still wonderful.
White Bean and Sage Pita Burgers
The bean mixture is sticky, so it helps to wet the measuring cup before scooping to form patties.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 27 Minutes
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 43.8g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 471mg
- Calcium: 158mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add 1/2 cup chopped onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Place mixture in food processor. Add oats and next 8 ingredients (through egg); process until smooth.
- 2. Wipe pan with a paper towel. Return pan to medium heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Working with one portion at a time, spoon bean mixture into a 1/2-cup dry measuring cup, and carefully remove bean mixture with a rubber spatula onto pan. (Bean mixture is very soft and sticky.) Using spatula, shape mixture into a 3/4-inch-thick round patty. Repeat procedure 5 times to form 6 patties. Cook 8 minutes or until golden, turning after 4 minutes.
- 3. Combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons grated onion, and cheese in a small bowl. Spread about 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture into each pita half; top with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, and 1 bean patty.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes