Easy, quick, delicious. I left out the tomatoes because I don't like them and used Navy beans. I would bring this as a dish to a party.
White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad
Users rave about this 5-ingredient salad that combines pre-cooked roasted chicken breasts with white beans and fresh basil. For a quick finishing touch, drizzle with a lemon, vinegar, and Dijon mustard dressing and serve with a glass of iced tea or white wine.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 369
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 9.6g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 342mg
- Calcium: 117mg
- 2 cups coarsely chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- To prepare salad, place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently to combine.
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad, tossing gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes