White Bean Ragout with Toast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 onions chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- cup(s) 1/2 EVOO
- 4 garlic cloves diced, 1 halved
- teaspoon(s) 2 tomato paste
- slice(s) 4-6 toasted ciabatta
- tablespoon(s) 10 grated Parm
- can(s) 2 15 oz white beans
- cup(s) 4 veggie broth
- cup(s) 1 cherry tomato
- tablespoon(s) 2 flat leaf parsley
- pulse onions in food processor until finely chopped but not pureed. Transfer to medium bowl. pulse bell pepper until finely chopped but not pureed. add to bowl and mix well
- heat oil in large heavy sillet over medium heat. add onion mixtrure and season with s and p. simmer, stirring often, until veggies are completely softened, about 30 minutes. add finely grated garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring often, until tomato paste begins to turn deep red, about 3 mins. measure 1/2 cup soffritto and set aside; reserve skillet. transfer remainig soffritto to a container and let cool compeltely, uncovered. cover and store in refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months
- meanwhile, preheat oven to 375. rub bread slices with cut sides of remaining gralic clove. place bread on a baking sheet and sprinkle 1 tbsp parm over each slice. toast until cheeese begins to brown, abut 5 mins. set aside
- heat reserved 1/2 cup soffritto and beans in same skillet over med-high heat. coo, stirring often, until heated through, about 1 min. stir in 3 cups broth; bring to biol. simmer, scraping up browned bits, until liquid is slightly thckened, 3-4 mins. add tomatoes and remaining 1 cup broth; simmeruntil tomatoes are tender, 3-4 minsstir in 2 tbsp parm. season with s and p
- divide bread among bowls. top with some bean mixtrue and broth. garnish with remaining 2 tbsp. parm and parsley. drizzle with oil, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lrussomanno and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note