I brushed garlic butter on the baguette cuts the second time I made it before putting in the oven.. I also substituted black olives chopped, red and green pepper chopped and marinated in olive oil for a few hours. I liked these changes/additions better than the original recipe. It also looks very festive for the holidays with the red and green pepper.
White Bean-and-Black Olive Crostini
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8.5-oz.) French bread baguette, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garnish: torn basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet, and coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Bake 8 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. Process beans and next 3 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Toss together olives and next 2 ingredients. Spread bean mixture on toasted bread slices, and dollop with olive mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers