White Bean Flatbreads with Prosciutto and Cheese
Great for a party, these flatbreads pack an entire antipasto tray into a single crunchy, gooey snack.
Yield: 4 flatbreads
More From Food & Wine
- 4 pocketless pitas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, sliced, chopped
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, chopped
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) imported Fontina cheese, shredded
- Preheat a large skillet; preheat the broiler. Position a rack 6 inches from the heat. Brush the pitas on both sides with the 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook in the skillet over high heat until browned, 3 minutes. In a bowl, mash the beans with the red pepper, rosemary and prosciutto; spread on the pitas. Top with the almonds and cheese and transfer the skillet to the broiler. Broil for 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pitas are golden. Drizzle with oil, cut into wedges and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers