White Bean Enchiladas
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 437mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 6 tomatillos, husked
- 13 (6-inch) corn tortillas, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons canned vegetable broth, undiluted and divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Place tomatillos on a large baking sheet; bake at 500° for 7 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla on a baking sheet; bake at 300° for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Break into pieces.
- Place tomatillos, tortilla pieces, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup broth, and next 4 ingredients in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Transfer mixture to a saucepan; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; set aside, and keep warm.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable broth and beans; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and mash beans; stir in brown rice and cheeses.
- Dip 1 tortilla in tomatillo mixture; spoon 1/3 cup rice mixture down center of tortilla, and roll up. Place, seam side down, in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 11 tortillas, tomatillo mixture, and rice mixture. Spoon remaining tomatillo mixture over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note