White Bean Chili
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 15-1/2 ounce cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 4-ounce cans mild diced green chile peppers (and 1 can diced jalapenos - optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups ground cooked turkey (I just use a one pound package, whether or not it's 3 cups)
- Optional - cheese (monterey jack or parm is good) to stirr in before serving.
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
- More canned diced green chile peppers (optional)
- 1. In a 3 1/2â to 6-quart slow cooker place the onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, red pepper, beans, 2 cans chile peppers, broth, and cooked turkey. Stir to combine.
- 2. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Stir in the cheese until melted.
- 3. Ladle the chili into 8 bowls. If desired, top with sour cream and sprinkle with additional chile peppers and cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinKnake and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Bean Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews