White Bean Chili
Serve with: reduced-fat cheddar, scallions, cilantro, sliced jalapeño, tortilla chips.
Yield: Makes: 8 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups chili)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 12g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 8mg
- Sodium: 640mg
- Calcium: 202mg
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (4-oz) cans green chilies, rinsed
- 4 (15-oz) cans white beans, rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon fine cornmeal
- 1. Heat a 5 1/2- to 6-quart pot over medium high. Add turkey and pepper; cook until brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Heat oil in pot over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until soft (10 minutes). Stir in chilies, cumin, and oregano; cook 1 minute. Add turkey, beans, and broth; cook, covered (1 hour).
- 3. Whisk cornmeal into milk. Add to chili. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note