- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 cups torn escarole
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- calories 296
- fat 14.9 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- sodium 313 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine 1/2 cup buttermilk, egg white, and lemon rind in a shallow dish. Combine panko and rosemary in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white mixture; dredge in panko mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken. Cook 4 minutes; turn over. Bake at 425° for 14 minutes or until done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; slice crosswise.
Combine escarole, parsley leaves, and beans in a large bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over escarole mixture; toss. Place about 1 cup salad on each of 6 plates; divide chicken among servings.